News & events
Vice Versa - Advice for women involved in Commercial Sexual Exploitation
Our Vice Versa Support Worker has compiled some specific advice for anyone involved in selling sex during the pandemic. For extra support or information please contact Jenna by email at email@example.com or use our Live Chat.
If you are struggling due to the Covid-19 crisis – please get in touch with Vice Versa direct. We also frequently post up to date information about local services and provisions on Facebook or Twitter.
- Selling sex at this time puts you and anyone you live with at a much higher risk of Covid-19.
- It is impossible for you to keep a safe distance no matter what sexual position is used.
- People with COVID-19 can have no symptoms and still be infectious so even if someone has no cough or temperature, they can still have the virus and pass it on to you and you can pass it on to them.
- Condoms do not protect against COVID-19, they will only prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections.
- Kissing passes on COVID-19. Avoid kissing anyone who is not part of your household.
- Rimming (mouth on anus) is very likely to spread COVID-19 as the virus in faeces can enter your mouth so you should avoid it during this time.
- Washing before and after sex is essential. Wash your hands and sex toys with soap and warm water. Do not share sex toys during this time.
- Remember that some closures may have an impact on access to contraception – i.e. if you are due a replacement – so access to additional contraception (condoms) will be essential to keep you protected for the time being.
- If you arrange to meet someone to sell sex or are on-street, you could be at risk of being charged for not observing social distancing. This could lead to a fine of £60 - £120.
- If you are able to stop or pause selling sex at this time you should.