Vice Versa promotes the health, rights and dignity of women who are involved in exchanging sexual acts for some form of payment. This payment may be financial but may also take the form of drinks, drugs, food or shelter. We call this sexual exploitation or prostitution, but you might have a different name for it.
Who we are
Vice Versa is a partnership project delivered by Women’s Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre (WRASAC) and CAIR Scotland. Together we bring a range of specialist support services to you aimed at increasing your safety whilst involved in prostitution and supporting you to find routes out of prostitution if this is something you wish to do.
Vice Versa works closely with WRASAC, CAIR Scotland, Community Safety Wardens, Dundee Violence Against Women, Tayside Substance Misuse Services, NHS Sexual Health and Reproduction Services, Tayside Police and the Alcohol and Drugs Partnership.
If you want to learn more about the project, please visit our website: https://www.viceversadundee.org.uk
What support we provide
- One-to-one support with one of the Vice Versa Team key workers
- Drop-in Services: Every Tuesday between 2.30 – 4.30pm there’s a Women’s Only Creative Group at the WRASAC's Office at 2 Dudhope Street, Dundee DD1 1JU. Support workers from Vice Versa/WRASAC, CAIR Scotland and Criminal Justice will be there to offer any emotional support away from the crafts table. Otherwise, it’s a chance to meet new people and enjoy a free cuppa and biscuits while trying your hands at a new creative project each week.
- Outreach Service: The Vice Versa Team offer both emotional and practical support outside of the Centre.
- Direct referral to drug treatment
- Condoms and pregnancy testing
- Advocacy Access to other services (eg court, health services etc)
Where we are based
We have workers based within Women’s Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre on 2 Dudhope Street and within the Harm Reduction Centre at the Cairn Centre on 12 Rattray Street.
You can contact the Vice Versa Team on:
Phone: 0300 345 3001